Финиши в первом раунде
- Нанесено акц. ударов
- Выброшено акц. ударов
- Тейкдаунов выполнено
- Попыток текйдаунов
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
- Pro since 2016
- One win by KO, four by submission (Triangle, kimura, RNC, armbar)
- Four first-round finishes
- Defeated UFC vet Anthony Ivy in February 2022
- Fought to 2017 draw with UFC vet Jeremiah Wells
- Reported 6-1 amateur record
- Origin of nickname: “Arabic, meaning ‘sweetheart.’”
UFC on ESPN (7/15/23) Debut
When and why did you start training for fighting? I used to be a fan of the UFC when I was younger, and I used to get in a lot of street fights when I was younger. When I turned 18, I got in trouble with one fight in particular and decided to start training organized. My cousins were training BJJ at the time and introduced me to MMA.
What ranks and titles have you held? Maverick MMA welterweight champion, CFFC welterweight champion and current Fury FC welterweight champion
Do you have any heroes? My parents are my heroes. I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 18 and my father to lung cancer when I was 21.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? For me, being in the UFC means everything. It means that I’m fighting the best guys in the world. It means that I became something and succeeded in my parents’ honor.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Dropped out before the first semester started of community college.
What was your job before you started fighting? Package delivery, personal training, marketing.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? XFE amateur welterweight champion and amateur middleweight champion
Favorite grappling technique: Triangle or armbar
Favorite Striking technique: Right hook, kicks