Новости о бойце
- Нанесено акц. ударов
- Выброшено акц. ударов
- Тейкдаунов выполнено
- Попыток текйдаунов
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
- Pro since 2014
- Five wins by KO, six by submission (3 Triangle, 2 RNC, guillotine)
- Nine first round finishes
- Has won five of his last seven and two in a row
- Owns 2018 first-round submission win over UFC vet Kevin Croom
- Origin on nickname: “It was a nickname given to me by father due to my family origin being from Jamaica and Hawaii.”
UFC Fight Night (6/5/21) Debut
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 3
Episode five (7/23/19) Kirk was stopped by Billy Quarantillo via strikes at :22 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? My dad and uncle have been watching the UFC since the very beginning (literally UFC 1). After seeing Royce Gracie run through the competition, my dad put me into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the age of four years old. Growing up, I trained on and off and decided to start taking it seriously at the age of 14. I made my amateur debut at 17 and turned pro at 19.
What ranks and titles have you held? 2X IBJJF world champion, black belt in BJJ
Do you have any heroes? BJ Penn was one of my heroes growing up. I loved how he represented Hawaii and I admired his mentality and willingness to fight anyone at anytime. However, for my entire life, my biggest hero has always been my dad.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means that everything my family, coaches, friends and supporters have invested in me was not for nothing. It means that I finally have the chance to prove myself on the world’s largest stage for MMA.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Man, I barely made it through high school. (Laughs) But after my sophomore year of high school I switched to online high school to focus on training and pursuing my MMA dreams.
What was your job before you started fighting? I taught fitness classes at a senior resort.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? I went undefeated as an amateur, finishing all of my opponents in the first round with the exception of one opponent who I finished in the second.
Favorite grappling technique: The one that makes them tap.
Favorite striking technique: The one that knocks them out.